Specialising in gender, sexual and relationship diversities
Meg-John Barker is a UKCP accredited therapist who offers private relationship consulting, and works as a therapist in a voluntary capacity through London Friend, a service for LGB&T health and wellbeing.
Meg-John practises as a kind of consulting relationship geek with individuals – and pairs or small groups – who want to look at their relationships with themselves, with other people, with their work, and/or with the wider world.
This consulting generally takes place with people who’ve come across Meg-John's writing and found it helpful. While this work draws on Meg-John's therapy training, as well as their academic and activist experience, this is usually shorter term work than therapy, and has a more peer-to-peer support or mentoring feel to it.
These are the kinds of issues that Meg-John works with in this way:
* Building self-care practices into your everyday life
* Figuring out your relationship style/structure (in relation to romantic, friendship, and/or other types of relationships)
* Exploring your relationship to work and dealing with its emotional challenges (specifically I can work with academics, therapists, LGBTQ+ community organisers, and writers/creative folk)
* Specific input on your work around gender, sexuality and relationship diversity or other areas of expertise that I have
* Reflecting on how you negotiate consent and boundaries in your professional/personal relationships
* Negotiating with a partner, friend, or colleague over these kinds of issues (in joint sessions)
* Relating to the wider world in relation to social justice, activism, or resisting critical cultural messages
* Smaller group workshops working through my self-help materials
Meg-John is also available for training and for one-off workshops (via this link)
You can contact London Friend directly about one-to-one therapy or to join any of their groups. Meg-John's website rewriting-the-rules.com includes details of their self-help books and talks. You can contact Meg-John directly on email@example.com.